Solutions. Service. Experience.
After forty years of practice as a trial lawyer the one thing that has never changed is the need to connect with people. Clients at an initial meeting and for years afterward, witnesses, adversaries, judges, juries all of a lawyers successes and failures are determined by their ability to connect and maintain connections.
I was raised as a storyteller long before I ever considered becoming a lawyer. That upbringing from around the kitchen table, front porch, or at bedside throughout my childhood guides how I approach practicing law and representing my clients. Learning, shaping, telling and retelling their story – our story – makes all the difference.
In both private and public practice I have been effective in handling litigation matters including catastrophic personal injury, products liability, public entity liability and immunity, and insurance fraud.
My insurance fraud and coverage experience crosses multiple product lines including commercial, automobile, life, disability, marine, and health care. I have played a central role as an advocate in the pathfinding cases under the New Jersey Insurance Fraud Prevention Act while a Deputy Attorney General for the State of New Jersey and continue to apply those precedents on behalf of my insurance carrier clients. I have supervised and trained both attorneys and investigators regarding the identification of insurance fraud and the strategic presentation of such cases.
Prior to joining the Firm, I was the Lead Deputy Attorney General for New Jersey’s Insurance Fraud Section where I handled civil trial and appellate litigation for the State.
As a Deputy Attorney General, I also was a member of the Tort Litigation Section, providing personal injury defense representation in catastrophic injury and death cases for state entities including New Jersey Transit, the New Jersey State Police, and the New Jersey Department of Transportation, among others, in state and federal courts.
For the Banking and Insurance Section, I handled administrative, trial, and appellate matters including the establishment and defense of care-paths, insurance rate-making litigation, producer discipline matters, and insurance fraud matters and served as counsel to the New Jersey Joint Underwriting Authority (“JUA”) and the New Jersey Market Transition Facility (“MTF”).
- Commercial Litigation
- Public Entity Liability
- Insurance Coverage and Recovery/Reimbursement
- Insurance Fraud Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- Juris Doctor, with honors
- St. John's University
- Bachelor of Science, with honors
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Major: Sociology
- Minor: Political Science
- Minor: Business
- New Jersey, 1982
- Pennsylvania, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1983
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- Camden County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Contributing author, the Office of the Insurance Fraud Prosecutor’s Annual Report
Classes & Seminars
- Presenter, NJICLE Insurance Fraud Litigation
- Speaker on Legal Careers, LEAP Academy University Charter School - March 16, 2023
- Lecturer, Attorney General’s Advocacy Institute on Direct and Re-Direct Examination Instructor, Division of Criminal Justice’s Training Academy for Civil Investigators on Courtroom Testimony
- Identifying and Handling Insurance Fraud Cases., New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, June 11, 2019
- The Rules of Evidence: A Practical Toolkit, National Business Institute, December 11, 2018
- Civil Trial Start to Finish, National Business Institute, December 6, 2017, December 7, 2017
- The Rules of Evidence: A Practical Toolkit, National Business Institute, May 25, 2017
- Medical Experts and Records, National Business Institute, June 18, 2014
- Presenting panelist, Camden County Bar Association for the program – “Representing Physicians in Today’s Legal Quagmire” on October 10, 2013 - New Jersey's Trident of Anti-Fraud Enforcement Options
- Former Coach, Age Group Commissioner, and League President of Baseball, Medford Youth Athletic Association
- Assistant District Commissioner, Babe Ruth League
- Founding board member, Vincent M. Maggitti Foundation for Cancer Research
- Past Founding Board Member and President, Springhouse Homeowners Association
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
- New Jersey Department of Law & Public Safety, Division of Law's Insurance Fraud Section, Lead Deputy Attorney General
- New Jersey Joint Underwriting Authority (“JUA”), Counsel
- New Jersey Market Transition Facility (“MTF”), Counsel